1.11.2011

Barfly




Henry: You know, in the guest house, you could write in peace.
Tully: Hey, Tully baby, nobody who could write worth a damn could ever write in peace, Jesus. 

 ***
Henry: Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.  
***

Henry: This is a world where everybody's gotta do something. Y'know, somebody laid down this rule that everybody's gotta do something, they gotta be something. You know, a dentist, a glider pilot, a narc, a janitor, a preacher, all that.
[sighs]
Henry: Sometimes I just get tired of thinking of all the things that I don't wanna do. All the things that I don't wanna be. Places I don't wanna go, like India, like getting my teeth cleaned. Save the whale, all that, I don't understand that.
Jim: You're not supposed to think about it. I think the whole trick is, not to think about it.


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder